简体中文 | Español | Русский | Deutsch | हिन्दी | Português
The prestigious Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program represents an excellent international study opportunity. If you are an international student interested in being considered for a Vanier scholarship, please take the time to review the information below.
About the nomination process
In order to be considered for a Vanier scholarship, students must be nominated by a Canadian university with a Vanier CGS program allocation. Please see the Vanier institutional allocations for a list of these universities.
International students are advised to make contact as early as possible with the Canadian university at which they hope to study (see program timeline below). Students should indicate their interest in the Vanier CGS program to departmental faculty (preferably) or the university’s graduate studies office. (Please note that the federal granting agencies do not provide lists of university contacts.)
Missing or tardy original documents, such as official transcripts and letters of recommendation, may cause delays in the university nomination process. Therefore, students should request supporting documents as early as possible. Applications must be complete and without error. Late applications will not be accepted.
Applicants must comply with university entrance requirements, including language proficiency level. Please consult the university department for further information about these requirements.
- As early as possible in the calendar year: International students contact a Canadian university with a Vanier CGS program quota, expressing interest in applying for a Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship at that university.
- September: Canadian university classes resume after summer vacation.
- September/October: Eligible students submit the Vanier CGS program application, including supporting documents, to the university; the university nomination process takes place.
- November: Official Vanier CGS program nominations deadline; universities submit nominations to federal granting agencies for the final selection process.
- April to June of the following year: Announcement of Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship recipients.
- May or September (following announcement of competition results), or January of the following year: Tenure of the award may begin.
For information about the Canadian postsecondary educational system and Canadian universities, please visit the following websites: